With offices in Dubai and Istanbul, Carlyle’s buyout activities in the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) draw on the local insight of a team of investment professionals backed by Carlyle’s global network.
Carlyle established its MENA investment operation in 2006, targeting investment opportunities in the Middle East and North Africa. Carlyle’s approach in the MENA region mirrors its method throughout the world: field a team of local investment professionals with intimate knowledge of the region and leverage the Carlyle platform, which features an extensive global network, industrial expertise and operational know-how. Carlyle is one of the first global private equity firms to establish a presence in the region.
A Transforming Region
We believe the MENA region is large, growing rapidly and ripe for private equity investing:
- Economy has world’s fifth largest GDP (growth projections through 2010 are 55% higher than rest of the world and 76% greater than the U.S.)
- Population is world’s third largest at 426 million
- Capital markets are maturing and large enough to provide exit opportunities
- Liberalizing state agendas creating opportunities for large scale transactions (increasing large scale privatizations)
- Low private equity penetration
- Carlyle’s regional presence provides opportunity for cross-country体彩手机在线怎么下载 investments and M&A within the MENA region
The MENA Team Approach
- Target Regions: From offices in Dubai and Istanbul, Carlyle’s team of dedicated professionals targets investments in Turkey, North Africa (Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia), the Gulf Cooperation Council (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE), the Levant (Lebanon and Jordan) and Pakistan.
- Target Industries: The Carlyle MENA team will invest primarily in healthy, growing companies in the energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, infrastructure, technology, transportation & logistics and manufacturing sectors.
- Value Creation Focus: Carlyle seeks to invest in sound companies and businesses with potential for value creation, supports their business and leads them to the next stage.
- Corporate Partnership: Carlyle teams with strategic investors when the partnership will add value to the portfolio companies.
- Mid- to Long-Term Investor: Carlyle investment professionals devote a significant amount of their time to maximizing the portfolio company’s value on a mid-to long–term basis.
- Consistent and Disciplined: We seek to make sound investments in good companies with strong management teams and structure our transactions with appropriate amounts of debt. The MENA team focuses on industries it knows best.